Our hours will be 8-5 PM every day (8:00 - 4:30 on Fridays) but we might not be in the office all during this time. If we aren't in the office you can reach us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), via phone (319-335-1341), or via Zoom (Meeting ID 213 465 8662).
If you need any assistance, please reach out to us. We know these are stressful times and are here to help in anyway we can.
The Department of Chemistry has established the Chemistry Center to serve all students taking chemistry courses and provide support for the course instructors and teaching assistants. The Chemistry Center is a good place to start if you have any questions about undergraduate chemistry courses, want TA or instructor information, or need help with a specific chemistry course. More information can be found at the Chemistry Center Group Page.
Student services include:
- Signing add/drop slips for the instructor
- Returning exams, labs, and homework
- Scheduling alternative exams
- Make-up Exams
- Student Disability Exams
- Scheduling alternative lab times
- Make-up Labs - Please check your ICON course site for information on making up labs
- Scheduling and maintaining Faculty and Teaching Assistant Office Hours
- Scheduling conference rooms for office hours, examinations, group tutoring, and One Button Studio
- Arranging accommodations for those students with disabilities or other academic accommodations
- Managing the department’s digital signage and social media sites
- Lost and found
- Reserving rooms for Chemistry student organizations
Chemistry Center Hours
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Fridays: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Chemistry Building has the following resources for students:
Computer labs - W238 and W241
Resource Room (TA Office Hours) - E208, W215
Study Commons - W207
Majors study lounge & One Button Studio - W234
Desks, booths, study corrals and communal tables located around the East, North, and West corridors of the second floor
Instructional labs - more information can be found here: https://chemsafe.lab.uiowa.edu/
E225 Chemistry Building
Department of Chemistry
University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242