Search for Chemistry Center Position
The Department of Chemistry at the University of Iowa has an Administrative Services Coordinator position available to provide coordination and high level administrative support for the Chemistry Center and graduate student recruitment and admissions. The position requires a professional demeanor with the ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse audience. Must be a team player and have excellent collaboration skills. Serves as liaison directing and responding to queries from faculty, staff, students, and the public. This position performs a wide range of tasks that require a high degree of independence, discretion, judgment and confidentiality and requires the abilty to multi-task.
- Coordinates and schedules Student Disability Services make-up exams and make-up labs ensuring student accommodation needs are met.
- Maintains schedule of multiple conference rooms, resolve scheduling conflicts and ensures that rooms are left in proper order.
- Utilizes MAUI for course management, looking up student information, and pulling reports pertinent to course/student success.
- Provides administrative support to the Chemistry Center Manager.
- Serves as a resource for students, faculty, staff and public.
- Maintains applicant files, circulates files among committee members and confirms MAUI access for admissions committee.
- Coordinates aspects for graduate student admissions and recruitment activities.
- Creates and manages graduate program web content and provide content for the production of various electronic documents such as flyers for seminars, special events and guest speakers.
- Communicates via email and telephone with a variety of offices and individuals on campus including the Graduate College, CLAS Dean’s Office, DEOs, Registrar, faculty, students and departmental administrators.
Please refer to Jobs@UIowa.edu for application instructions.