Leo and June Davis Frontiers Lecture Series
The Leo and June Davis Frontiers in Chemistry lecture series hosts distinguished scientists from various areas of chemistry for two days of lectures and informal discussions with faculty and students. The program represents a unique opportunity to hear first-hand descriptions of current topics in chemistry, as well as indications of future directions for research from the world's leading scientists. The lectures are organized in pedagogical fashion. The Department hosts several forums giving students the chance to interact with the speakers.
Past Frontiers Lecturers
1991 - 1992
- Prof. Daniel A. Buttry, University of Wyoming
- Dr. Andrew E. Feiring, E.I. DuPont de Nemours, Central Research
- Prof. Jean Frechet, Cornell University
- Prof. Robert Grubbs, California Institute of Technology
- Prof. Richard Smalley, Rice University
1992 - 1993
- Prof. Larry Faulkner, University of Illinois
- Prof. Lanny S. Liebeskind, Emory University
- Prof. Philip. P. Power, University of California - Davis
- Prof. Barry M. Trost, Stanford University
- Prof. Ahmed Zewail, California Institute of Technology
1993 - 1994
- Prof. Alan Cowley, University of Texas at Austin
- Prof. Marye Anne Fox, University of Texas at Austin
- Prof. Martha Greenblatt, Rutgers University
- Prof. Gary Schuster, University of Illinois
- Prof. John M. White, University of Texas at Austin
- Prof. Mark Wrighton, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Prof. Ed Yeung, Iowa State University
1994 - 1995
- Prof. Francis DiSalvo, Cornell University
- Dr. Donald Murphy, AT&T Bell Laboratories
- Prof. Royce Murray, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Prof. Herbert Roesky, Universitat Goettingen
- Prof. Nickolas Turro, Columbia University
- Prof. Fred Wudl, University of California - Santa Barbara
1995 - 1996
- Prof. Paul Barbara, University of Minnesota
- Prof. Maurice Brookhart, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Dr. Louis Brus, AT&T Bell Laboratories
- Prof. R. Graham Cooks, Purdue University
- Prof. Heinz Floss, University of Washington
- Prof. William Goddard III, California Institute of Technology
- Prof. Robert Wightman, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1996 - 1997
- Prof. Allen J. Bard, University of Texas at Austin
- Prof. Charles Casey, University of Wisconsin
- Prof. Dennis Dougherty, California Institute of Technology
- Prof. Gary Hieftje, Indiana University
- Prof. Joan Valentine, University of Cal. at Los Angeles
- Prof. John T. Yates, University of Pittsburgh
1997 - 1998
- Prof. F. Albert Cotton, Texas A & M University
- Prof. James Marshall, University of Virginia
- Prof. Alexander Pines, University of California, Berkeley
- Prof. Mark Ratner, Northwestern University
- Prof. Fred E. Regnier, Purdue University
- Prof. Richard Schrock, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
1998 - 1999
- Prof. Richard D. Chambers, Durham University
- Prof. David Hercules, Vanderbilt University
- Prof. Robin Hochstrasser, University of Pennsylvania
- Prof. Kendall Houk, University of California at Los Angeles
- Prof. Stephen Leone, University of Colorado
- Prof. Stephen Lippard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Prof. Alan Marshall, Florida State University
- Prof. Robert Bergman, University of California at Berkeley
- Prof. John D. Corbett, Iowa State University
- Prof. Larry E. Overman, University of California at Irvine
- Prof. Kenneth N. Raymond, University of California at Berkeley
- Prof. Peter G. Wolynes, University of Illinois
- Prof. Richard Zare, Stanford University
- Prof. James Anderson, Harvard University
- Prof. John Bercaw, California Institute of Technology
- Prof. Malcolm Chisholm, Ohio State University
- Prof. James Jorgensen, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Prof. Judith Klinman, University of California at Berkeley
- Prof. Amos Smith, University of Pennsylvania
- Prof. George McLendon. Princeton University.
- Prof. Henry White. University of Utah.
- Prof. Carolyn Bertozzi. University of California-Berkeley.
- Prof. Ann McDermott. Columbia University.
- Professor Richard Jordan. University of Chicago.
- Professor Gregory Girolami. University of Illinois.
- Professor Professor Barbara Finlayson-Pitts. University of California-Irvine.
- Professor Dale Poulter. University of Utah.
- Professor Donald Burton. The University of Iowa.
- Professor Peter Stang. University of Utah.
- Professor Martin Head-Gordon. University of California, Berkeley.
- Professor Michael Fayer. Stanford University.
- Professor Margaret Tolbert, University of Colorado
- Professor Mark Thiemens, University of California - San Diego
- Professor David R. Walt, Tufts University
- Professor Fleming Crim, University of Wisconsin
- Professor Richard P. Van Duyne, Northwestern University
- Professor Craig Merlic, University of California, Los Angeles