Receiving Packages & Equipment Shipments
Chemistry's receiving address is:
University of Iowa
230 North Madison St, W1 CB
Iowa City, IA 52242.
Chemistry Stores is office of record for all incoming shipments to Chemistry. To facilitate this:
- The package is opened, if needed, to retrieve the packing slip.
- The receiver's name is written on the outside of the package.
- Within 24 hours, the packing slip is scanned into the customer's Microsoft Teams account for reference and UI records retention. Scanned invoices will be kept for the assigned retention period.
- The customer is notified via email to pick up the package.
- Personal packages should not be sent to Chemistry Stores.
- If you receive a package and there is an issue, please bring the shipment, the packaging it came in, and a printed copy of the Teams packing slip to Chemistry Stores and we will assist you further.
- Incoming customer packages should be inspected in a timely manner to address any damage occured during shipping.
Time Sensitive Incoming Shipments:
Due to limited staffing during business hours in Chemistry Stores, it is expected that the customer ensure tracking is obtained to be notified of time sensitive deliveries. Deliveries and pickups are made outside of normal staffing hours. For deliveries made after normal staffing hours, notifications will be made on the following business day.
Incoming Equipment Shipments:
If you are expecting a large piece of equipment, we encourage you to talk with the shipper to see what, if any, special equipment is needed to unload/move it or if it is coming by semi and will need a loading dock. If any of these apply, we recommend that you deliver it to UI General Stores with your name as Receiver. General Stores has a loading dock, power lifts, and smaller trucks for easier transport to Chemistry.
More information regarding General Stores services: https://uiowa.edu/generalstores/central-receiving.
University of Iowa Materials Management | General Stores | Central Receiving
2222 Old Highway 218 South (183 MBSB) | Iowa City, IA 52242-1602