Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Chemistry Stores?
- 230 N Madison Street, Room W1 Chemistry Building (CB), ground floor and accessible from either the north or south entrance. Hours are 9 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday.
2. Who can purchase from Chemistry Stores? Can I use cash or my Iowa One Card to pay for items in Chemistry Stores?
- University of Iowa faculty, staff and students with an active Master File Key (MFK) may purchase stock from Chemistry Stores. No other form of payment is accepted at this time.
3. What if I want to purchase an item not stocked in Chemistry Stores?
- Specialty orders may be placed by contacting Shared Services, email@example.com, located in Chemistry Stores. If you have an item that you would like to have placed into stock, please let us know.
4. Can I return a Chemistry Stores purchase?
- Yes, as long as it has not been used and it is returned within the month of purchase.
5. What products are in Chemisty Stores?
- Visit the Storeroom Stock Catalog tab above to view our catalog.
6. How do I purchase small amounts of liquid nitrogen and where is it located?
- Smaller amounts of liquid nitrogen are purchased like any other stock item. The self-service station is located in W47 CB. Larger dewars can be ordered from Praxair, (319) 363-2156.
7. Does Chemistry Stores ship packages?
- Chemistry Stores ships packages using a valid Chemistry MFK via UPS or FedEx. Visit UPS/Fed Ex Shipping Form tab above. A $5 service fee is incurred for all shipments.
8. Will Chemistry Stores ship hazardous infectious materials or dry ice packages?
- No, hazardous infectious materials nor dry ice packages may not be shipped from Chemistry Stores. We do have ice blocks available, if needed.
9. Where can I find Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) biological, hazardous, universal, and radioactive waste labels?
- Labels can be be obtained as a non-charge stock item in Chemistry Stores or directly from the EHS Website. For EHS assistance, contact Michelle Kempf (5-4143).
- Instructions to order labels direct from EHS:
- Click the EHS Website link.
- Select Waste/Environmental (located in the lefthand column).
- Select Waste Pickup Information.
- Select Waste Label Request Form.